Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:27:07 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netstat -nr flags

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 08:47:04PM -0400, Michael Lucas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> netstat -nr has a flags field.  These flags are documented in some man
> page.  Can anyone tell me where this is?
>
> I've read this before, and for the life of me cannot remember which
> page this is...

Err... netstat(1)?

     1       RTF_PROTO1       Protocol specific routing flag #1
     2       RTF_PROTO2       Protocol specific routing flag #2
     3       RTF_PROTO3       Protocol specific routing flag #3
     B       RTF_BLACKHOLE    Just discard pkts (during updates)
     b       RTF_BROADCAST    The route represents a broadcast address
     C       RTF_CLONING      Generate new routes on use
     c       RTF_PRCLONING    Protocol-specified generate new routes on use
     D       RTF_DYNAMIC      Created dynamically (by redirect)
     G       RTF_GATEWAY      Destination requires forwarding by intermediary
     H       RTF_HOST         Host entry (net otherwise)
     L       RTF_LLINFO       Valid protocol to link address translation
     M       RTF_MODIFIED     Modified dynamically (by redirect)
     R       RTF_REJECT       Host or net unreachable
     S       RTF_STATIC       Manually added
     U       RTF_UP           Route usable
     W       RTF_WASCLONED    Route was generated as a result of cloning
     X       RTF_XRESOLVE     External daemon translates proto to link address