Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2011 01:15:12 -0800
From:      milki <milki@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   MASTER_SITES/MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR for perl ports

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

I've been noticing that sometimes cpan packages aren't showing up in the
/modules/by-module subdirectories of the CPAN mirrors. I only queried a
couple packages (DBIx-Class). Many perl ports already use the SUBDIR to
specify the package via the authors uri. CPAN and its
modules/02package.details.txt also link to the authors packages
directly.

So, I'm wondering. Would it be more correct to use the /authors/id uri
instead of /modules/by-module? Portlint explicitly detects this case and
suggests not using SUBDIR in this manner at least.

--=20
milki
milki@rescomp.berkeley.edu
RSSP-IT programmers