Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:17:27 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot stops after "Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a"

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 11:16:10AM +0100, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> wrote:

> > Same here, one for about 10 reboots. Just sits quietly after "Mounting
> > root from .." message. No other ill effects. SiS 530 chipset (5591),
> > Seagate 6GB ATA-3 disk, new ata driver.
>
> I just searched a bit in the lists etc, and this problem also exists
> in 3.x with the old driver, hmm, there is even one mentioning it
> on a SCSI only system, more hmmm....
>
> I guess its not only related to the ata driver alone....

Hard to say.. my work machine is SCSI only and I track -current on both
my home and work machine. Haven't had such behavior on my work machine.
I can't remember that I had such problems using 3.0-current or are you
pointing to -stable? I'm running only -current for a while now and we
don't reboot our -stable machines often :-)
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee