Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:29:43 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting rid of libgmp

--48TaNjbzBVislYPb

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:15:29AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > libmp is dead. libcrypto is the interface of choice to use these days,
> > or libgmp.  Nothing in our tree uses libgmp.
>=20
> We currently can do 600 1024 bit SSL connections a second, and
> expect to double that via interface changes.

Erm, Terry, this performance already comes from libcrypto, if you're
using openssl: libmp/libgmp doesn't enter in the equation whatsoever,
because it's not used.

If you're using libgmp to do your SSL via some local code, then you're
not using the default FreeBSD SSL libraries and can continue to
happily use your local code with the (faster) libgmp port.

> So performance _is_ relevent.

Indeed.

Kris

--48TaNjbzBVislYPb