Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:10:49 -0400
From:      Paul Halliday <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        Lorena <lorena007@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP! I have some questions

Lorena wrote:

> I read alot about FreeBSD and I've heard only great things about it.  I
> know that Yahoo.com uses FreeBSD.  I would like to use it for developing
> my web site but I have a great deal of questions because there are
> compatibility issues.
>
> Can it be installed on a Compaq PC that has 60 GB?  Can I partition the
> hard disk to have two OS.  Win 98 and Free BSD?  Or FreeBSD and Red Hat
> Linux?  If it's not compatible with Compaq, then can you recommend a PC
> that it's compatible with.
>
> My tech friend says that you can have FreeBSD on the servers and LInux
> Red Hat on the computer used to develop the site so that we can use all
> available free Linux software.  What do you think?
>
> I want to be able to use Macromedia's Flash, Generator products etc.
> Can it be used with Free BSD?
>
> Is Free BSD ok with with Microsoft Explorer and Netscape browsers?
>
> Thank you and I appreciate any answers to any of my questions.
>
> Sincerely,
> Lorena Camaisa

	I am beginning to wonder why we bother creating why FAQ's.

Paul H.

Don't underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org & transmogrify@sympatico.ca
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3E8B9
Public Key's available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/texts/public.html