Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:01:35 -0400
From:      Charles Martin <martin@chasm.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildkernel fails linking module umass

I have loaded a fresh 4.0-RELEASE, cvsup'd, make buildworld, make
installworld, etc.  Now for a new kernel.  I do a 'make buildkernel
KERNEL=MYKERNEL'.  The build seems to go fine up to this point:

linking MYKERNEL
umass.o: In function `umass_cam_attach_sim':
[...lots of undefined references...]

Does this ring any bells out there?  This machine is a laptop: a Sony VAIO
PCG-F490.  I should mention that I did a fresh release and install on a
non-laptop and had no problems.  Though I don't see how that would affect
the build.

In both cases I did a mergemaster beforehand, so that my /etc/make.conf
could be up to speed.

Any help appreciated.