Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Matthew Studley <v_1matst@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3dfx chipset

I'm not sure about the video card... I dont think there is a driver for
the voodoo 5 out yet in XFree86, which means that neither linux nor
FreeBSD will work in an manner that is normally acceptable (ie 24/32 bit
color and a decent resolution). I think right now the card that works the
best is the Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet or any intel based card (I'm
not sure if just ANY intel card will work, but I'm using one here and it
works great) I also have a Kingston KNE100TX on my home computer that
works great (it uses the de0 driver, the intel uses the fxp0 driver). Hope
this is some help :-)

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|