Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 1996 19:21:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   incorrect proto of sa_handler in 2.05R, 2.1R ?

Hello;

	I am trying to get a snapshot of octave to build on a 2.0.5
machine and i have run into a problem. I am curious as to wether or not
this has been changed in 2.1 RELEASE. I am also curious as to weather or
not the author of octave is incorrect in asserting that the following
prototype is in error. Please respond at your earliest convienience so i
can inform him if he needs to ifdef this in for current and future freebsd
releases

	This is the definition of sa_handler in /usr/include/sys/signal.h:
mira: {4} grep sa_handler /usr/include/sys/*.h
/usr/include/sys/signal.h:      void    (*sa_handler)();

	I have just been told that this is not a correct prototype for
this, and that it should be :
			        void    (*sa_handler)(int);

	Does anyone take issue with this? Does anyone agree with this?
will it be changed? has it been changed?

tnx;
 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life