Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:16:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Zwilling <chris@cloudnet.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>, John Horn <jhorn1@desperate.ci.tucson.az.us>, misc@openbsd.org, "Questions List FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> I myself don't know if it's worth the time to put up such BSD-based
> boxes with a similar challenge, but I can see where it might gain
> some favorable attention.  The only way this would HELP microsoft is
> if it turned out that W2K *is* more stable than *BSD.  My guess is
> that that isn't going to happen.  At the same time, I myself would
> not want to offer up a box as an "official target" for much of
> anyone, so I'm not volunteering to do it...   :-)

I would be willing to put up a machine or two with OpenBSD or FreeBSD -
I'm just worried that people will not restrict their attacks to just those
two machines.  Although, I have not heard about any errant attacks in
either of these cases.

;                                         ;  Chris Zwilling
;  Don't let people drive you crazy       ;  chris@cloudnet.com
;  when you know it's in walking distance ;  System Administrator
;                                         ;  320.240.8243