Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/8253: vim4: vim -g (on ELF w/o Motif) doesn't find Xaw w/o help

The following reply was made to PR ports/8253; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc: seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 20:51:56 +0200

 Hi!

 I now know why it failed on my machine.  I had an old /etc/rc which
 didn't set the ELF ldconfig path.  Now that this gets set "vim -g"
 works as expected.

 As far as I remember the mails on -current it was supposed to have
 the library search path in the executable and that made me file a
 bug report.  Now the questions is how this shall work on an ELF
 system.  With library search path (overrideable by LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
 or shall vim4 be solely relying on ldconfig information?

 Stefan.