Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:12:30 -0600
From:      "Eric D. Stanfield" <exs@kka.com>
To:        "freebsd2" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: bind attacks

I've been getting core dumps in bind every other day for the past couple of
weeks.  I took it as no coincidence that the software which had never (not
once) faulted in a year started going down very often just after the cert
note came out.

Unfortunately I've not yet had the time to upgrade the servers.  What is the
general impression of the upgrade process from those who've succesfully done
so?  Initially I saw a lot of posts about the new release being very syntax
specific and a lot of problems resulting thereof.  Anything to watch out for
beyond using the proper syntax in your zone files?  All my bind boxes are
freebsd, of course.