Date:      Sun, 10 May 2009 15:00:26 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building gimp without gvfs

Each time gimp-app gets upgraded I lose the ability to open URI's
with "Open location" or by dragging images from firefox.

Apparently this is because I need to explicitly pass --without-gvfs to
configure [1] [2]. I was rather surprised that I needed to do this
since I have the gvfs port installed but it did the trick for me. What
I do is to edit the Makefile and add --without-gvfs to the
CONFIGURE_ARGS lines. The snag is that I invariably forget about this
by the next time the port gets upgraded and I have to sort the problem
out again. What could I add to /etc/make.conf to have this option added
to CONFIGURE_ARGS automatically?

[1] http://www.shallowsky.com/blog/gimp/index.html
[2] http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6.html

--