Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 20:58:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "William A. Arbaugh" <waarbau@super.org>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATM research status request

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> I know of a posting from University of Penn that said they were working on
> a FORE ATM card for [Net Free]BSD under a NDA.

I'm afraid to report that effort didn't work out.  We had a student
working on the driver for us (Fore EISA card) and he failed to produce a
working driver.  Since then we have moved mostly to PCI bus machines-
we're (me) considering doing a PCI driver but that probably won't start
until the fall.

Bill Arbaugh			"Waste of time is the most
waarbau@super.org		 extravagant of all expenses"
waa@dsl.cis.upenn.edu			-Theophrastus