Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:10:15 -0700
From:      dizzyd@dizzyd.com (Dave Smith)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating BSD bootable CD

Greetings...

I certainly hope I'm posting this to the right list -- if not, please redirect
me accordingly. Thanks. :)

I'm interested in taking FreeBSD and putting it on a bootable CD for use in
a so-called "appliance". Can anyone recommend a place to start? Specifically,
I'm unsure how to create a bootable anything -- so it might be good to start
with instructions on how to create a bootable floppy. What files will I need
in /dev? Is there a HOWTO anywhere?

Thanks.

Diz