Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:19:02 +0100
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: digital samples from sound card

	Hello Glen,

	It's been some weeks already since I tried it, but I remember it
worked out of the box and I got a SB16 PnP also, no further setup was
needed. Something to take into account though: It might be the case that
the microphone input is disabled by default, or maybe the input level set
to zero. I'm using xmmix (audio mixer ) to control the audio settings, and
the setup it shows me on startup is the one I describe. Just enable "rec"
under the "Mic" bars, rise these to the top and it should do the trick.
If you rise the "PCM" bars also you should be able to hear the microphone
input through your loudspeakers right away.

	Hope this helps

						Manuel Garcia

	P.S.: I'm CCing the list, I like to find the whole threads when
I search the mailing lists archives and, besides, I want to be caught
if I say something not totally accurate :)

	P.S.S.: Uuh I messed the CC up, I hope it gets right somehow :}