Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:55:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS

Where is any documentation on NFS?  The only thing I can find at
freebsd.org is a page on solving some bizzare problem, but nothing on the
fundamentals of *using* it.  For example:

1)  I have nfs-mounted a directory from one machine to another.  How do I
get it unmounted?  umount -t nfs dirname comes back with "dirname not
mounted"

2) Is there something special to export and mount a directory that's not
off the root?  e.g. I can export and mount /usr, but not /usr/ftp, I get a
"permission denied" message.