Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:00:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23507: new port: linux-q3ademo

The following reply was made to PR ports/23507; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To: marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, 3d@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:58:54 -0500

 On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 10:20:04PM +0100, marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com wrote:
 > 	Note: There was a bad value `update' for the field `>Class:'.
 > 	It was set to the default value of `sw-bug'.

 As a side note, I'm betting this is a problem with GNATS server itself
 and Steve Price should be spanked.  ;-)

 > >Synopsis:       new port: linux-q3ademo

 Excellent.

 > X# New ports collection makefile for:   linux-q3ademo
 > X# Date created:        11 December 2000
 > X# Whom:                Marc van Woerkom <3d@freebsd.org>
 > X#
 > X# - inspired by linux realplayer 7 port
 > X# - special thanks to the Emacs key board macro

 This should not be included in the port.. perhaps mentioned in the
 commit log.

 > X# $FreeBSD:$

 $FreeBSD$ not $FreeBSD:$ (and yes it does matter).

 > XPORTREVISION=   1
 > XCATEGORIES=	games graphics linux

 I'm assuming these are also leftovers from linux-realplayer, since
 q3ademo is most certainly not a graphics port, and PORTREVISION is
 illegal for a port's first version.

 > X.if !exists(${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX})
 > XIGNORE=		may not be automatically fetched due to licensing\
 > X		restrictions.  You MUST manually fetch the Linux version from:\
 > X		http://quake3.lokigames.com \
 > X		- once ${DISTFILES} has been downloaded, move it to\
 > X		${DISTDIR} and then restart this build.
 > X.endif

 Please don't use "IGNORE" directly.

 > XTested with:
 > Xo FreeBSD5.0-CURRENT, AMD K7-700, GeForce DDR, XFree86 3.3.6,
 > X  Mesa 3.2.1, Utah glx 0.9 (the rather slow hw acc driver)
 > X  results in 21.5 fps (640x480x16) for time demo 'demo001'.
 > X  Sound worked fine (SB Live).

 Oooh.. GeForce works?  I'm gonna have to buy one.  :-)

 > Xshare/q3ademo/Help/Manual/htmlpages/arenae.html
 [...]

 These should be wrapped with %%PORTDOCS%% PLIST_SUB.. in fact that should
 have gone into bsd.port.mk by default a long time ago.  Many other ports
 already include something like this.

 Thanks for your port, I really appreciate it.  I'm gonna have to give it
 a try myself, but I doubt it'll work with my outdated graphics card.  I
 think I might end up just not playing Q3A.. RT2 and others suffice.  :-)

 --
 wca