Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:02:58 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hylafax receiving problems: always cancels?

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> I have a hylafax server setup (using the hylafax port), and I can send
> faxes without problem, but I cannot receive any faxes.  Any time a fax
> machine (any, I've tried it on four seperate fax machines) sends, it
> negotiates, gets to the 'connect' phase and then simply says 'fax
> cancelled'.  Furthermore, the Hylafax logs also say this--who is
> cancelling, and why?  I would suspect its Hylafax, but I canot figure out
> why!

I'm assuming you're using v4.0pl1; in which case you're probably
missing a line in your config.tty* file.

	Class2RecvDataTrigger:	"\022"

works for most modems with Rockwell chips. Check on config(4f) for
more details.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460