Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:42:58 -0800
From:      "Brian J. Swetland" <swetland@frotz.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   devfs?

I'm interested in mucking about with the devfs stuff a bit -- is there
currently any active developer/maintainer/docs?  I grabbed the 4.0
snapshot from the 17th, installed it, grabbed the kernel sources from
CVS, got stuff building and figured out how to enable DDB (not that
much different from the kdebug environment I'm used to from BeOS). I
figured I'd see if there was any more information than the sources.

4.0-CURRENT seems to work well (though the first time through it had
problems booting after install due to some confusion between wd0s4a and
ad0s4a -- I nuked the wd* devnodes after the install and it was happy
enough).

Are there any known SMP issues? (I'm not experiencing any problems
with an SMP kernel on a dual PII machine so far)

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Swetland - swetland@frotz.net | "If I have hacked deeper than them, it