Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:15:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      jimd@siu.edu
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 && make fetch-recursive = WHOOPS!

In a somewhat related, but not Gnome specific, situation - I tried to do a
portsdb -uU last night and the /usr/ports/Tools/make_index Perl script ATE
all/most of my 1GB of RAM, and then crashed and wiped out the
/usr/ports/INDEX file. I have NEVER seen this before (and no - Perl has not
been updated).