Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:18:19 -0400
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        "ylou" <ylou@pu.edu.tw>, <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: ServerRAID of IBM Netfinity 3000 (Was: about hardware support)

>sir,
>did FBSD support ServerRAID of IBM Netfinity 3000?

No. This has been coming up a lot lately.  There was an IBM developer who
was working on it a while back, but he stated that if he did complete IBM
would most likely not be in a position of wanting to support it, so he would
be unable to release it. I haven't heard anything on it in a while, you may
want to check with him. Here is an earlier reply I made which is in the
archives.

From searching the archive, it appears as though drivers were never re
leased, however an employee of IBM was working on the drivers a while back,
you may wish to contact him on the status of these.
Here is the archived message:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=117921+121023+/usr/local/w
ww/db/text/1999/freebsd-scsi/19990815.freebsd-scsi

The devloper at that time was Keith Mitchell (kmitch@guru.org)

>because i cannot boot the workstation for installing with bootable CD
(4.2-install.iso).

Best of luck, let me know if you get anywhere, or hear the status.

- Matt