Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:39:44 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD openldap/openldap2 ports install conflict

G. Paul Ziemba wrote:,

> I'm running a recent version of FreeBSD (4.3-20010720-STABLE) - if this
> matter has been fixed since then, I apologize for the unnecessary message.
>
> The net/openldap and net/openldap2 ports seem to use the same locations
> for many of the files installed by each port, which makes it impossible
> for both ports to coexist.

Both openldap-servers can't coexists.

But installing openldap first, then openldap2,
so you can use both shared lib interfaces to access the server.

> I originally installed the openldap2 port, but I later installed
> the cyrus-imapd port, which depends on openldap-1.2.11_2 - and
> blam! there went my openldap2 installation.

Unfortunately, this order breaks.

> Would it be possible/make sense to change the default installation
> locations for one of these ports to help others avoid this problem
> in the future?

Nods ..., mabe we should full seperate the ports.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany