Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:01:24 -0800
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
To:        "Oliver Brandmueller" <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
Cc:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

Hello Oliver,

> > i will look into that, but you only need device driver modules in=20
> > loader.conf (ng_ubt(4) and ng_bt3c(4)) the rest should be loaded
> > automatically
>
> That's working fine!

glad to head it :) BTW thanks for the reporting problem with
ng_btsocket(4) module. i have found the problem and will fix
it in the next snapshot. in the mean time you can avoid this
problem by *not* loading ng_btsocket(4) module from the loader
prompt. other modules do not have this problem.

> > 1) get userland and kernel in sync
> > 2) build and install eveything in snapshot's ports directory. Hint:
> >    you need glib and build openopex first to build obexapp
> > 3) setup and run hcsecd. check hcsecd.conf for examples.
> > 4) run sdptool browse <phone_bd_addr> to find out list of services
> > 5) read rfcomm_pppd man page
> > 6) read obexapp man page=20
>
> I did not yet get obex to work (did not put much effort in it). But=20
> rfcomm works fine now, I have been able to get online with my Nokia =
7650=20
> (at least with HSCSD, GPRS has yet to be tested, but that's a matter =
of=20
> the network and configuration).

great! thank you very much for your time. here is some information
about obexapp. whan connecting to your phone you need to use RFCOMM
channel that has IrMC service. you can use sdptool to find out the
RFCOMM channel number. when staring opexapp in client mode it may
be required to issue "CONnect" command first and then GET. if you
would like to push pictures from your phone to your PC then you need
to run obexapp in server mode. also you need to run sdpd and register
OPUSH service with your local sdpd daemon. so the phone knows where
to find the server. again sdptool can be used to register the local
service. make sure that channel you specify when register OPUSH service
matches the channel you specify in obexapp.

also Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz> put a nice page at=20

http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html

it might be good idea to visit it from time to time.

> Will the ppp patch and the current Bluetooth code be committed soon? =
If=20
> the ppp patch will not be committed, will you include it in the next=20
> bluetooth packet? ;)

right now i have two successful reports. there are still few minor
problems which i will need to address. however, i think the code is
in somewhat good shape for now and it should be safe to commit it.
i will talk to Julian this week. PPP patch was submitted to Brian
for review, however i have not heard from him :( i will re-submit it
to the list again.

thanks,
max