Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:11:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      shivangp@kmfms.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/23056: clearing of memory address 0xc0000

>Number:         23056
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       clearing of memory address 0xc0000
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The problem is that when installing FBSD 4.0 and greater when it goes
though the memory address it tries to clear the address 0xc0000.
This address is showing up as not being used when it is, by my video
card the ATI All-in-Wonder Pro, when it gets to the next address,
which is for my network card at 0xe60000 it says:
ed1: failed to clear shared memory at c0000 - check configuration.

Is there any way to have it so that it skips 0xc0000 and does not
try to clear it. I only have this problem with 4.0 and above, not
3.*.