Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:37:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julien Bournelle <Julien.Bournelle@int-evry.fr>
Subject:   Re: Checking RAM and swap use

Julien -

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Julien Bournelle wrote:

> > Now - I see I need to increase my swap partition. Do I have to wipe my
> > installation and start again?

> it depend if you have free space on your hard disk, if so you can try growfs.
> If not, you have to wipe your installation and start again :-(

I have at least one partition which is very little used. I may be able to
sacrifice just that one. Can I use more than one 'swap' partition, or is
my old, small (32MBy) swap just lost space? (I could make it a regular
partition for something like /tmp, I suppose.)

> good luck

Well, this is a 'project' computer to learn about FreeBSD and eventually
run mail service. I didn't count on kernel rebuilds when I set it up, but
it's not running anything vital at present.

Merci.

 - John Mills