Date:      Thu,  9 Dec 1999 12:44:26 +0100
From:      <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        "Maxim Sobolev" <sobomax@altavista.net>, "Kelvin Farmer" <kfarmer@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: boot stops after

>     > Problem: Computer _sometimes_ stops after the "Mounting root
from
>     > ufs:/dev/ad0s2a" line.
>     > Running Current, built world yesterday. (Problem appeared
fairly
>     > recently (as in ~2 weeks?, but didn't have ddb in previous
kernel)

>     I've also observed this problem and it is interesting that my HDD
is Quantum FB
>     ST 2.1 too.

I've seen this on a Toshiba Disk, A WD 2.1Gb drive (which almost but not
quite dead), and two Seagate 106Mb drives (flakey). So I guess you'r
assumption is flakey.

Also, with respect to the trace shown somewhere earlier, I've not seen
consistent behaviour in where it stops, but this could be EBADMEM.

Nick