Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 18:46:41 PST
From:      Brian Smith <brians@mandor.dev.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   USER_LDT limit

I'm playing with Wine for FreeBSD 2.1, and found something odd.  In
/usr/src/sys/i386/i386/sys_machdep.c, I see that the descriptor maximum
allowed in i386_set_ldt() is 512, which isn't strange.  What is surprising
is that it isn't a macro define.  Is the number 512 magic? I'd like to
bump up that limit to see if Wine will be happy, although I don't want
to jump over a magic boundary into descriptors reserved for some other
purpose.

Thanks in advance,
Brian