Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 1996 13:23:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyes01@ibm.net>
Subject:   Re: Hardware compatibility list. Second round.

On Sat, 1 Jun 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> After getting some feedback about what to include in a hardware compatibility list
> here is what I would like to propose.
>
> Information to be collected:
> -Version of FreeBsd tried on
> -Computer:make,model,cpu,cpu speed, amount of RAM, motherboard, bios and revision,
> busses(eg ISA, VESA, PCI), chipset
> -Video:make,model,bus type,resolution
> -Harddrive:make,model,HD type
> -Soundcard:make,model,options
> -Cdrom:make,model,bus type
> -Monitor:make,model,size,resolution
> -Network card:make,model,network protocol
> -Use of computers and how many clients are supported

Comment:  Many folks have a computer made of parts bought here and
there.  If you don't allow folks to spec the motherboard, well, they
can't very well give a name to a 'computer'.  Spec'ing the motherboard
counts a lot more nowadays than specing the vendor it was bought from.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |