Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:26:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netatalk running but nothing in chooser

Rob,

Thank you for your reply.

> Did you rebuild your kernel with netatalk, or are you loading it as a
> module?  I have found that compiling it in statically works the
> best.  Check the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT file for the line to add to
> your kernel file.

I rebuilt the kernel with the line:

options           NETATALK          #Appletalk communicatio protocols

from LINT

I am wondering whether this is a netatalk problem on FreeBSD or a
configuration problem on the mac which is an iMac running 8.6.

The iMac's TCP/IP control panel is pointing to the gateway/router.

My next trial-and-error step would be to see if there is any difference
running netatalk on a FreeBSD 4.2 machine.

I don't know enough about macs to try anything new on the mac.

Thanks,

Ken Seggerman