Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 00:15:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        ATuretta@stylo.it (Angelo Turetta)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to add a delay before getty displays login prompt ?

Angelo Turetta writes:

[...]
> I suspect that getty is displaying the prompt string a little too early for
> the Sportster, and often the modem is still in the phase where any character
> from the host aborts the connection.
> Reading 'man gettytab' I've not found any parameter to instert a delay
> between the DCD and the first write.

I haven't tried this but

    :im=\0:pf#5:

omits the initial banner and delays 5 seconds before issuing the
login: prompt.

Or add sleep(5); above this piece of code in getty/main.c, around
line 226.

	if (IM && *IM)
		putf(IM);

John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
IRBS Engineering                       FreeBSD Servers and Workstations
(954) 792-9551                 Unix/Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions