Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:56:06 -0800
From:      "Boune, Damian" <DBoune@co.napa.ca.us>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel Compile Options - wdc0 - flags?

After reading through the archives, many other folks kernel option files,
Greg's book and website and everywhere else I could find, I have a swimming
headache!

I have a PC here with a 430hx Intel chipset, PIIX3, a 6 gig drive, LBA
supported - What should my "controller wdc0 at isa?..." line in my Kernel
Options file look like?

I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE. Should I be using any of the available
flags? I am under the impression that I should be using I saw somewhere that
DMA is not supported in 2.2.8!?! Was it supported in 2.2.5 or .6? My data on
the subject dates to 2.2.5 (The Complete FreeBSD).

I currently have FreeBSD running on the machine, and luckily I have no
errors on boot or at any other time.

Thank you!

Damian Boune
County Of Napa