Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:11:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        sauri@islandia.is (Asgeir Halldorsson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Console Fonts

> Can i use a console font form Linux to FreeBSD,  If not can someone tell me
> how to make a console font,  The font i need is for the Icelandic specal char's

Most BSD console fonts that are supplied are ISO 8859-1 (LATIN-1).

This should include both uppercase and lowercase "Thorn" and "Eth",
the additional Icelandic characters.

So you shouldn't need to port Linux fonts to get them.

I'm not sure about driver level compatability... "man vidcontrol"
will either give you the details or point you to man pages that
will.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---