Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:49:54 -0800
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/top seg faulting

> > I think you have corrupted src. I am running basically the same source -
> > util.c from diff and not having any problems. I would clean out
> > /usr/src/contrib/top, recvsup, and rebuild everything.
>
> You said "rebuild everything". Did you mean world/kernel or just top.  I
> cleaned out top and rebuilt it but it made no difference.
>
> flagg# top
> Segmentation fault
> flagg#

Just as a side note regarding this host, everything else appears to be
running fine (apache, postgresql, radiusd, cvsupd, & syslogd are its
primary services, and the other obvious things like getty's and sshd,
etc. are fine).

And so there is not confusion...

flagg# which top
/usr/bin/top
flagg# ls -l `which top`
-r-xr-sr-x  1 root  kmem  32520 Dec  3 13:42 /usr/bin/top
flagg#