Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:19:12 +0200
From:      Jan Kunzmann <DerMurx@gmx.de>
To:        David Huff <david@ti.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resolver problem (or bug?)

Hi David,

thanks for your reply... but I already tried out all possible
combinations in resolv.conf (at present I use both domain and search
directive). Still the same problem.
And still the big mysterium: gethostbyname("maschine") seems not to
query the /etc/hosts first (although /etc/host.conf contains "hosts"
before "bind")...

Greets Jan