Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:16:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: why 'The legacy aout build' was removed from current ?

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> > Please see Netscape plugin port (ports/www/flashplugin) to find
> > out why we still have to need a.out support.
>
> The port has nothing to do with building a legacy a.out world and
> consequently works fine (yes, I tested it :-)

Not really. You have to have a.out crt0.o and friends to be able to link
it. You probably have some old versions around in your system, but they
are not built by "world" target. Hence, they are not a part of binary
distrib.

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------