Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:22:55 +0530
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        install@freebsd.org
Subject:   Whew

Finally got hold of the required oodles of disk space for doing a make
release and succeeded in creating a boot floppy with my ethernet driver
in it.  I was able to successfully do a net install (all this from the
2.1 release sources).

A couple of questions:

a. Why do we, on make release:

	1.	first make world
	2.	copy sources to the chroot tree, chroot, and make world again?
	3.	cut the package

	Can't we directly go to the package cutting step after the first
	make world?

b. The kernel in the boot floppy was built with my driver, but it wasn't
   present in the kernel that finally appeared on the installed disk.
   Are these different?

c. I remember a reference sometime ago to PHK(?) managing to boot an install
   floppy in 4MB.  Was there any further work on this front?

Koshy