Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bret Ford <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems getting 3C597 up

   I'm running 4.0 - current from the middle of May, approximately.
I recently acquired an EISA 3COM network adapter that I'm now
trying to install.  Here's a snip from my dmesg output:

vx0: <3Com 3C597-TX Network Adapter> at slot 5 on eisa0
vx0: No I/O space?!
device_probe_and_attach: vx0 attach returned -1

So something is not working... :-(  Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm in a bind.  I need a second ethernet card to get our new DSL
line shared with our various household computers.

Thanks very much for Any input!

Bret Ford