Date:      Tue, 31 May 2011 18:08:27 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hwpmc and mips?

On 31 May 2011 18:00, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I'm likely going to look at this sometime after July (and I'm sure
> it's just a case of hooking into the right IRQ handler) but if someone
> beat me to it *hint*, I'd very much appreciate it.

To prove I'm not completely slack, I went spelunking through the
source to see how hwpmc hooks into things.

There's no HWPMC_HOOKS used anywhere in sys/mips/* or sys/mips/*/*,
save config files.

I thus have a feeling the hwpmc glue for sampling mode just isn't
there for any MIPS core at the present time.

Would someone more versed in the ways of MIPS stack frame magic and
trap handling care to take a stab at it?

Thanks,

Adrian