Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:05:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Nugent <malhavoc@www.stomped.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   a word of appreciation

Folks,

I'm not sure how much you get of this, but I just wanted to say thanks to
all of you working on the freebsd project.  You do fine work.  I'm not
sure how often you get to hear that, so I'm going to say it now.

I just finished a routine upgrade of my FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE machine to
4.3-RC, in order to make sure that the circulated ftp glob() vulnerability
wouldn't affect my system.

I'm curious, though, if the lib-paranoia library in the ports collection
would have prevented the exploit from happening in the first place.  Has
anyone experimented with this?

Jason
Jason Nugent
Aka MalHavoc