Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:46:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>, asmodai@wxs.nl, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   inet6 (was Re: With feature freeze being in place)

i've had ipv6 working with freenet6.net.. well, partially working, the
full feature should work fine soon though.

the tunneling through gif works, and i'm about to test IPSec with IPv4.

more testing is in order though, so, i'll try to pass on some more info
when i have it.

-- jan

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:03:28 -0800, Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com> said:
>
> > Is there a quick primer on getting IPv6 up and running?  I built a
> > kernel with INET6 and the ipsec stuff, and my interfaces now have IPv6
> > addresses, but no userland apps seem to be able to parse IPv6 addresses,
> > e.g. "ping ::1" says "no such host".  (This is 4.0-20000125-CURRENT).
>
> Yesterday, I tested ping6 between two hosts using link-local
> addresses, and it worked.  The week before, however, I couldn't get a
> different machine to transmit packets when it had IPv6 in the kernel.
> I'm not sure about the relative dates involved.
>
> -GAWollman

  email: jan[at]caustic.org   web: http://www.caustic.org/~jan
   "knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard, be evil."