Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 22:35:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Berger <peterb@telerama.lm.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone having 2.1 install trouble with funky IDE hardware?

Out of curiosity, what sort of performance do you get out of this box?
Is it useful for anything?  Low-speed routing?

Can you run X on it?

I've got some hardware sitting around doing very little, and this might
be something useful to try....

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> >
> >   Have any folks out there
> > installed 2.1 on old-n-mouldy 386 equipment without incident?
>
> My test box is an ancient 386sx/16 w/ 6 MB RAM, a Seacrate ST1144A IDE
> disk, and a (flakey) Maxtor SCSI hanging off an AHA-1540*A* control-
> ler, plus a Herculess card & monitor.  Everything went flawlessly for
> all of my 2.1 pre-releases.
>
> (Ain't this a pretty ancient environment for testing? :-)
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

"The law locks up both man and woman / Who steals the goose from off the common,
But lets the greater felon loose / Who steals the common from the goose." -anon
      Peter Berger - peterb@telerama.lm.com - http://www.lm.com/~peterb