Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:06:55 +0700
From:      "ali zainal" <alitiga@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help.......i'm a newby

first i want to apologize for using bad english language structures in this
mail. Now here is the situation i'm suffering :
í'm a newby in unix world, and now i have my computer being set up using
freebsd version 4.2.1 and i seem to have some problems with my new system.

#first, when i want to re-enter the installation using /stand/sysinstall
facilities, it seems to be ain't working and saying "sysinstall:command not
found".

#second, when i was trying to compile my new kernel setup, i got an error
message saying that "error substraction of different symbols in different
section". Even though i've followed the instruction in the freebsd's
handbook.

#third, when i tried to compile any of the ports collection in my  freebsd
cd i got an error message saying that there is a checksum mismatch for any
of the port that i was compiling (although i've followed again the
instruction in the freebsd's handbook). for your information my, freebsd's
cd using the extension .tgz for every packages.

is there is something wrong with my freebsd's cd (i'm using the rockridge
extension cd).
For your attention in this mail, i am sending you my best regard.
And thank's for your answer.