Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 23:49:05 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Cc:        jonas@mcs.com, multimedia@freebsd.org, jonas@mcs.net
Subject:   Re: ADSL/HDSL

> Umm... I beleive a 3002 circuit is a standard analog leased line.  It is
> still a switched circuit.  This is not a ``dry circuit''.

Huh?  A 3002 circuit is not a switched circuit; it's a private line
between two end points.  It may not be a dry copper circuit; after
all, it'a an analog leased line and there could be loading coils on it
or it might be muxed up on a T1 carrier facility for transport through
a channel bank.  But it doesn't go through a CO switch; it runs over
dedicated facilities.

I'd suggest the next step would be to find an ISP that actually
terminate the other end of one of these things.

louie