Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:13:35 -0800
From:      Clint Olsen <clint.olsen@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Annoying FreeBSD 6.2 behavior - takedown of VNC sessions

Since I've upgraded to 6.2-RELEASE, I've noticed that every few disconnects
(especially putting my laptop to sleep while still connected) while
connecting remotely to a VNC hosted on FreeBSD, it tanks my gnome-session
entirely.  I've tried a couple variations (exec, background or not), but
this never used to happen with 5.4-STABLE.  I use VNC specifically for the
purpose of being able to disconnect and not have it crash my windowing
sessions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FreeBSD belle.0lsen.net 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12 11:05:30 UTC 2007     root@dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  i386

Thanks,