Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:12:26 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mount ATAPI CD: panic [Re: fdc0 and ata1 issues]

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 02:01:49PM +0200, Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Donn Miller wrote:
> > In article <200009221448.JAA20935@freebsd.netcom.com> you wrote:
> >

> > > I am also seeing the fdc0 problem "fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range".

OK, just to follow up on things. After a make world and a kernel upgrade
today, the floppy works again. (Thaks, Soren!) But, there is a new fun spot:
this time on ata1.

If I attempt to mount a CD (the CD-ROM is on ata1 as master) then it
produces an instant panic (page fault.) (Up till now it just "simply" did
not work, saying cd9660: Invalid argument when I attempted a mount.)

Is this problem known? If not, I can supply info as needed... (CD-ROM is a
Sony CDU-621, for that matter)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM