Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:07:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Daniel A. Borlean" <bord@cruzio.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Missing libraries in FreeBSD

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Daniel A. Borlean wrote:

> ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXpm.so.4.6"

Mr. Wells beat me to this one.

> Again with X Windows emacs-19.14 I get another error:
>
> ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libgcc.so.261.0"

Jordan gave me the "proper" solution for this, assuming you have the
compat21 dist installed.

Make a small script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ with this as the contents:

#!/bin/sh
ldconfig -m /compat/lib

if you're on 2.1.5 or earlier, you can modify /etc/rc and find the section
that configures the ldconfig paths.