Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 12:44:48 -0200
From:      compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   irc server & password

    I 'm setting up a irc server in a FreeBSD2.2 Snap box. The problem is
that I want to use encrypted operators passwords (that's default and the
clause 'CRYPT_OPER_PASSWORD' is defined - I checked that). I built
everything without any problem. The problem is that if I log in the server
and issue a /oper hcj password (the password is encrypted and I define the O:
line in the ircd.conf), the system complaints of 'Password Incorrect'. I got
the password and put it in my /etc/passwd file, just to test the encryption.
Worked just fine. I've tried everything ! I wonder if, in my situation,
that I cannot use DES (I'm outside USA), it can cause this problem.
I got the irc2.8.21 port from ftp.cdrom.com.
Can someone help me out of that ! I'm getting nuts about it!

Thanks a lot !
Regards,
Helio.