Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:44:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pentium Pro performance counters

Hi,
	can someone tell me how to use the perfmon program given in
/usr/share/examples/perfmon/ in FreeBSD-2.2.6 on a Pentium Pro machine.
I've already compiled the kernel with the performance monitoring device
driver. I'm also able to correctly count the data cache misses on a Pentium
using the command:

      perfmon -o -u -e -s 1 -l 2 3

However, I'm unable to get any meaningful results on a Pentium Pro machine.

- Mohit