Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:35:04 -0500
From:      Dennis Reiter <denny@reiters.org>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        Greg Smith <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DELL Latitude C600

Quoting Randy Bush (randy@psg.com):
> dmesg sez
>
>     pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> at port 0x3e0-0x3e1 irq 10 on isa0
>     pcic0: management irq 10
>
> and it sees card (orinoco gold which works in same box when windoze is
> booted) insertion/removal, beeps, and so forth.  but it's ye olde null null
> game
>
>     /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 1
>     pccardd[128]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")
>     /kernel: pccard: card removed, slot 1

It's purely a hack, but I stuck 'pccardd' in my rc.local file
instead of having it start from rc.conf.  The delay in it being
loaded seems to make it work.  There's a -z option for pccardd that
I heard mentioned earlier that sounds like it would do the same
thing, I just haven't gotten around to playing with it anymore.

Denny

--
Denny Reiter                     | denny@reiters.org
Madison River Communications     | reiterd@madisonriver.net