| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Well, this is what I thought I needed to do.

> But I am begining to believe what your want is all of the machines on
> one physical network, but the Macs and FreeBSD have both a 10- and
> 15-net address while the NeXT machines have just a 10-net address? If
> that is the case, you do not want an extra interface on the FreeBSD
> box. In that case, you just want to alias ed1 to both networks.

Yes, I want to do this. When I had Linux 2.0.x, I couldn't get aliasing
to work so had to resort to 2 ethernet cards. Thus, I brought my
"thinking" to FreeBSD. Now that I have a Linux 2.2.x kernel, perhaps
I can get everything to work with 1 ethernet card and use IP aliasing
under both FreeBSD and Linux.

Will try using aliasing... thanks very much.

Ken
--
Ken Lui                                19111 Pruneridge Avenue
klui@cup.hp.com                        Cupertino, CA  95014-0795      USA